Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meeman Shelby State Forest

Recently my family and I went down to the Meeman Shelby State Forest outside of Memphis, TN.  With a little fog coming off of the parking lot, I walked down the boat ramp to take a couple of shots.  In this first one you can see the marker up above with the fog coming around.

 
Down on the ramp was this  amazing looking piece of driftwood. 
I got a few shots of it from different angles.


When walking out on the shore I came across some old steel lines that may have been used as anchor points, or to hold the concrete together that made up the ramp.  They had some amazing rust and colors.


Looking away from the water there were tons of holes in the mud.  I would imagine they were from insects.  They gave some amazing textures.  And among the holes was a gorgeous Butterfly.


I plan to go back and check out this area often to see what new treasures it holds.  If you like my work, please let me know by commenting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment